Applying for a bursary
The Fund’s s policy is to make a small number of bursary awards of £10,000 each year. Applications are invited to be submitted by June of each year from the relevant university departments providing Transport Masters courses.These are considered by a Panel of Trustees in early July.
In no circumstances will direct applications from students be considered. Students interested in obtaining a bursary should contact their course tutor for more information.
The Universities and course links of those currently involved in the scheme are:
- Imperial College
- University College London (UCL)
- University of the West of England (UWE)
The Fund made a total of eight bursary awards in 2019 to the following students undertaking a masters course in a subject related to highways and transportation:
- Angelique Caranzo, Daniel Gillen, Ilias Geronikolos – Cardiff University
- Kate Hair, Iwan Wrigley- Imperial College
- Henry Robinson, Ifeoluwa Taiwo – Leeds University
- Kate Winstanley – Newcastle University
Cardiff have highlighted the achievements of their students on their website. You can read the story here.
The Fund made a total of eight bursary awards in 2018 to the following students undertaking a masters course in a subject related to highways and transportation:
- Elliott Carty, Duncan Lawrence, Victoria Ryan – Cardiff University
- Doreen Lam, Toby Felton – Imperial College
- Emma Scott – Newcastle
- Amy Albright – UCL
- Jozel Denby – UWE
The Fund made a total of seven bursary awards in 2017 to the following students undertaking a masters course in a subject related to highways and transportation:
- Rhys Richards – Cardiff University
- Louise Murray-Bruce, Chia Sadik and Ravi Parmar – Imperial College
- Jack Dalley – University of Southampton
- Rebecca Craig – UCL
- Dumitru Ceban – UWE
Congratulations to them all.
Dumitru Ceban has now completed his studies and sent a RJRF Bursary Report to the Fund to acknowledge the assistance the bursary had made in completing his course and developing his career.
Other education grants and awards are also made from time to time. In 2016 the Fund continued its sponsorship of two Arkwright Scholarships.