- Major Roads for the Future A major piece of work sponsored by the Fund developing a long term vision of the role and evolution of the major road network in England.
- Economic and Social Science Research Council Funds research and training in social and economic issues including those relating to highways and transportation.
- Engineering and Physical Science Research Council Is the main UK government agency for funding research and training in engineering and the physical sciences including highways and transport.
- Esmee Fairburn Foundation Is one of the largest grant-making bodies in the UK. Its aim is to improve the quality of life for people and communities in the UK.
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation Is a charity that funds a large, UK-wide research and development programme focussing on understanding the root causes of social problems, identifying ways of overcoming them andshowing how social needs can be met in practice.
- Nuffield Foundation Provides support to improve social well-being by funding research and innovation in education and social policy. It also sponsors the proliferation and quality of research and professional skills – both in science and social sciences.
- Department for Transport Responsible for national transport policy in the UK except for those functions devolved to the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland governments. Highways England– Is an Executive Agency of the DfT.
- Innovate UK Innovate UK is the UK’s innovation agency working with people, companies and partner organisations to find and drive the science and technology innovations that will grow the UK economy.
- Local Government Association A voluntary membership body with over 422 member authorities covering every part of England and Wales dealing with local roads, traffic and buses.
- Transport Scotland The national transport agency for Scotland. Its responsibilities include Rail and trunk road networks, major public transport projects, and sustainable transport, road safety and accessibility.
- UK Roads Liaison Group Brings together national and local government from across the UK to consider roads infrastructureengineering and operations matters.
- Welsh Assembly Government Is responsible for transport policy in wales including maintenance and improvement of trunk roads and motorways as well as administration of grants to local authorities and other bodies to fund a range of transport projects.
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Is the pre-eminent independent professional body for individuals associated with logistics, supply chains and transport.
- Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation A learned society concerned specifically with the planning, design, construction, maintenance and operation of land-based transport systems and infrastructure.
- Institute of Highway Engineers Provides registration and development services for highway engineers and technicians, organises meetings, conferences, courses and other activities to maintain standards and enable continuing professional development.
- Institution of Civil Engineers An international membership organisation promoting and advancing civil engineering around the world. It is a qualifying body, a centre for the exchange of specialist knowledge and a provider of resources to encourage innovation and excellence.
- Royal Town Planning Institute Is the UK’s leading planning body for spatial, sustainable, integrative and inclsive planning. It exists to advance the science and art of planning (including town and country and spatial planning)
- Transport Planning Society Provides professional development and a meeting place for all those working in the transport sector and facilitates, develops and promotes knowledge and understanding of best practice in transport planning.
Road User Organisations
- Automobile Association Provides a range of motoring services to its members including roadside assistance.
- Confederation of Passenger Transport The trade association for the bus, coach and light rail industries, providing a focus for consultation and negotiation on legislation, regulation, practices and standards.
- Cyclist Tourist Club Is the UK’s National Cyclists’ organisation, protecting and promoting the rights of cyclists. It is a not-for-profit organisation funded through its membership and donations.
- Freight Transport Association Is a trade association representing the transport interests of companies moving goods by road, rail, sea and air including campaigning, training and advice on compliance with regulations
- IAM Motoring Trust Undertakes research, promotes practical policies, acts as an advocate for safer roads, safer drivers and safer vehicles and encourages responsible motoring through education and training.
- RAC Foundation Is a charity which explores the economic, mobility, safety and environmental issues relating to roads and responsible road users. independent and authoritative research carried out for the public benefit, is central to the Foundation’s activities.
- Road Hauliers Association Provides dedicated campaigning, advice, information and business services specially tailored for the haulage industry.
- Road Users Alliance Is a membership organisation whose aim is to secure sustained investment in the UK road network and to speak up for road users in the media, Parliament and Whitehall.
- Royal Automobile Club Provides a range of motoring services to its members including roadside assistance.