- Major Roads for the Future A major piece of work sponsored by the Fund developing a long term vision of the role and evolution of the major road network in England
- Economic and Social Science Research Council Funds research and training in social and economic issues including those relating to highways and transportation.
- Engineering and Physical Science Research Council Is the main UK government agency for funding research and training in engineering and the physical sciences including highways and transport.
- Esmee Fairburn Foundation Is one of the largest grant-making bodies in the UK. Its aim is to improve the quality of life for people and communities in the UK. Its primary interests are in the UK’s cultural life, education and learning, the natural environment and in enabling disad
- Joseph Rowntree Foundation Is a charity that funds a large, UK-wide research and development programme focussing on understanding the root causes of social problems, identifying ways of overcoming them andshowing how social needs can be met in practice.
- Nuffield Foundation Provides support to improve social well-being by funding research and innovation in education and social policy. It also sponsors the proliferation and quality of research and professional skills – both in science and social sciences – through capacity bu
- Department for Transport Responsible for national transport policy in the UK except for those functions devolved to the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland governments. Highways Agency – Is an Executive Agency of the DfT, responsible for operating, maintaining and improving the
- Local Government Association A voluntary membership body with over 422 member authorities covering every part of England and Wales dealing with local roads, traffic and buses.
- Transport Scotland The national transport agency for Scotland. Its responsibilities include Rail and trunk road networks, major public transport projects, and sustainable transport, road safety and accessibility.
- UK Roads Liaison Group Brings together national and local government from across the UK to consider roads infrastructureengineering and operations matters.
- Welsh Assembly Government Is responsible for transport policy in wales including maintenance and improvement of trunk roads and motorways as well as administration of grants to local authorities and other bodies to fund a range of transport projects.
- Association of Directors of Environment, Economy, Planning and Transport (formerly CSS) Represents local authority chief officers who manage transport, waste management, environment, planning, energy and economic development.
- Campaign for Better Transport Is a leading organisation promoting sustainable transport policies with particular emphasis on the environmental aspects of transport.
- Independent Transport Commission The ITC researches the long term and unintended consequences of current land use and transport policy, advances public education in transport matters and publishes and disseminates its findings.
- Parliamentary Advisory Council on Transport Safety Is a charity and an associate Parliamentary Group with the aim “To protect human life through the promotion of transport safety for the public benefit” by advising and informing members of the House of Commons and of the House of Lords on air, rail and ro
- Road Safety Foundation Is a charity that carries out or procures research into factors affecting the safe use of public roads and leads the Uks contribution to the European Road Assessment Programme (EURORAP)
- Society for All British and Irish Road Enthusiasts A forum for ideas and opinions and a hub for information and for understanding of the UK and RoI road network and its history.
- University Transport Studies Group Promotes transport teaching and research and acts as a focus for those involved in these activities in universities and institutions of higher education in the Uk and Ireland
- Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Is the pre-eminent independent professional body for individuals associated with logistics, supply chains and transport.
- Chartered Institution of Highways and Transportation A learned society concerned specifically with the planning, design, construction, maintenance and operation of land-based transport systems and infrastructure.
- Institute of Highway Engineers Provides registration and development services for highway engineers and technicians, organises meetings, conferences, courses and other activities to maintain standards and enable continuing professional development.
- Institution of Civil Engineers An international membership organisation promoting and advancing civil engineering around the world. It is a qualifying body, a centre for the exchange of specialist knowledge and a provider of resources to encourage innovation and excellence in the profe
- Royal Town Planning Institute Is the UK’s leading planning body for spatial, sustainable, integrative and inclsive planning. It exists to advance the science and art of planning (including town and country and spatial planning)
- Transport Planning Society Provides professional development and a meeting place for all those working in the transport sector and facilitates, develops and promotes knowledge and understanding of best practice in transport planning.
Road User Organisations
- Automobile Association Provides a range of motoring services to its members including roadside assistance.
- Confederation of Passenger Transport The trade association for the bus, coach and light rail industries, providing a focus for consultation and negotiation on legislation, regulation, practices and standards.
- Cyclist Tourist Club Is the UK’s National Cyclists’ organisation, protecting and promoting the rights of cyclists. It is a not-for-profit organisation funded through its membership and donations.
- Freight Transport Association Is a trade association representing the transport interests of companies moving goods by road, rail, sea and air including campaigning, training and advice on compliance with regulations
- IAM Motoring Trust Undertakes research, promotes practical policies, acts as an advocate for safer roads, safer drivers and safer vehicles and encourages responsible motoring through education and training.
- RAC Foundation Is a charity which explores the economic, mobility, safety and environmental issues relating to roads and responsible road users. independent and authoritative research carried out for the public benefit, is central to the Foundation’s activities.
- Road Hauliers Association Provides dedicated campaigning, advice, information and business services specially tailored for the haulage industry.
- Road Users Alliance Is a membership organisation whose aim is to secure sustained investment in the UK road network and to speak up for road users in the media, Parliament and Whitehall.
- Royal Automobile Club Provides a range of motoring services to its members including roadside assistance.