Applying for a bursary
The Fund’s s policy is to make a small number of bursary awards of £10,000 each year. Applications are invited to be submitted by June of each year from the relevant university departments providing Transport Masters courses.These are considered by a Panel of Trustees in early July.
In no circumstances will direct applications from students be considered. Students interested in obtaining a bursary should contact their course tutor for more information.
The Universities and course links of those currently involved in the scheme are:
- Imperial College
- University College London (UCL)
- University of the West of England (UWE)
The Fund made a total of eight bursary awards in 2018 to the following students undertaking a masters course in a subject related to highways and transportation:
- Elliott Carty, Duncan Lawrence, Victoria Ryan – Cardiff University
- Doreen Lam, Toby Felton – Imperial College
- Emma Scott – Newcastle
- Amy Albright – UCL
- Jozel Denby – UWE
The Fund made a total of seven bursary awards in 2017 to the following students undertaking a masters course in a subject related to highways and transportation:
- Rhys Richards – Cardiff University
- Louise Murray-Bruce, Chia Sadik and Ravi Parmar – Imperial College
- Jack Dalley – University of Southampton
- Rebecca Craig – UCL
- Dumitru Ceban – UWE
Congratulations to them all.
Other education grants and awards are also made from time to time. In 2016 the Fund continued its sponsorship of two Arkwright Scholarships.